Question: In which of the following countries Kankesanthurai (KKS) port is located?
(c) Sri Lanka
- On 10 January 2018 an agreement was signed between Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Finance and Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) in New Delhi.
- Director-General of the Export-Import Bank, David Rasquinha and Secretary of Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Finance R.S. Samaratunga signed on this agreement.
- This agreement is for Indian financial assistance of USD 45.27 million (LKR 6.9 billion) for upgrading Kankesanthurai (KKS) Harbour and to develop Sri Lanka as a centralized hub of the center.
- Kankesanthurai (KKS) is a port in northern Sri Lanka.
- It is important to note that under this upgraded project would make KKS Harbour a full-fledged commercial port.