Question: Which of the following films was conferred the Best Film award distributed at the 90th Oscars award ceremony on March 4th, 2018?
(a) Darkest Hour
(b) The Shape of Water
(c) Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri
(d) A Fantastic Woman
- On March 4th, 2018, the American Film Industry’s most prestigious 90th Annual Academy Awards were presented in Los Angeles, United States.
- This award is popularly known as ‘Oscar Award’.
- The details of major awards are as follows:
- Best Film – ‘The Shape of Water’, Director-Guillermo del Toro.
- Best Director – Guillermo del Toro (film – ‘The Shape of Water’).
- Best Actor – Gary Oldman (Film-Darkest Hour)
- Best Actress – Frances McDormand, Film – Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- Best Supporting Actor – Sam Rockwell (Film-Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri).
- Best Supporting Actress-Allison Janney (Film- I, Tonya)
- Best Writing (Original Screenplay) -Get Out; Written by Jordan Peele.
- Best Writing (Edited Screenplay) – Call Me by Your Name; Screenplay by James Ivory.
- Best Foreign Language Film – A Fantastic Woman, Spanish Language Film (Country-Chile).
- Best Apparel Design – ‘Phantom Thread’ (Designer-Mark Bridges).
- Best Editing-Dunkirk (Editor-Lee Smith)
- Best Cinematography-Blade Runner 2049
- Best Animated Feature Film – ‘Coco’
- Best Song – ‘Remember Me’ (Film-Coco)
- It is notable that posthumously famous Bollywood actress Sridevi and Bollywood actor Shashi Kapoor were recalled at the 90th Oscars.
- It is worth mentioning that this time the movie ‘The Shape of Water’ was nominated in 13 categories and awarded in the highest 4 categories.