Question: The 8th National Conference of Women in Police (NCWP) began at which of the following place-
(c) New Delhi
- On 19th November, 2018; the 8th National Conference of Women in Police (NCWP) began in Ranchi, Jharkhand. The two-day conference is being organized by Bureau of Police Research &Development in collaboration with Jharkhand Police.
- This is the only national level platform to address the issues of Women in uniform and create an enabling atmosphere for them to maximize and optimize their professional potential.
- During the Conference topics like role of Women Police in Smart Cities, Women in Community Oriented policing, Special Training Needs for Women personnel discussed and other related matters were.
- These topics as Unheard voices of Women in CAPF/Force – Gender neutral working places, technology for skills enhancement and for conducive work environment need of empowered work space were also discussed in the conference.
- Eminent speakers like Justice Gyansudha Mishra, Former Judge, Supreme Court, Dr G K Goswami, Mrs Rekha Sharma, Chairperson, National Women Commission and others took part in the deliberations during the conference.
- It is to be noted that the 1st edition of NCWP was organized in 2002 at New Delhi by BPR&D in collaboration with Delhi Police.