Question: Recently which edition of meeting of India- Ukraine working group on Trade and Economic Cooperation held in New Delhi?
- On 2 April 2019; the 4th Meeting of India- Ukraine working group on Trade and Economic Cooperation held in New Delhi.
- This meeting held under aegis of the India- Ukraine Inter-Governmental Commission on Trade, Economic, Scientific, Technical, Industrial and Cultural Cooperation.
- Indian delegation was led by Bidyut Behari Swain, Additional Secretary, Foreign Trade (CIS), Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India.
- Ukrainian Side was led by Mr. Oleksiy Rozhkov, Director of Directorate for International Trade and Economic Cooperation and European Integration of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine.
- A protocol was signed at the end of the meeting which will be beneficial in following ways:
- The protocol deals with review of trade, cooperation in the field of small and medium entrepreneurship.
- It also deals with cooperation in the field of technical regulation (standardization, metrology, certification, and conformity assessment), public-private partnership (PPP) and investment, agriculture.
- The protocol will facilitate the access of Ukrainian food products to the market of India, energy sector, finance.
- It will also grant Ukraine market economy status within the framework of anti-dumping investigations, and banking and cooperation in tourism.