Question: Which of the following statement/s is/are correct in reference to the Indian Science Congress?
1) This is a 5 day 109th session of Indian Science Congress
2) It is organized in Jalandhar at Lovely Professional University
3) The theme for this edition is ‘Future India- Science and Technology’
4) Indian Science Congress Association organizes this congress
Correct option is:
(a) 1, 2 and 3
(b) 2, 3 and 4
(c) 1, 3 and 4
(d) All of the above.
- The 106th session of Indian Science Congress was held at Lovely Professional University (LPU) in Jalandhar, Punjab from 3-7 January 2019. The theme of 2019 Congress is Future India: Science & Technology.
- It was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Many prominent dignitaries including officials of DRDO, ISRO, AIIMS, UGC, Universities of UK, US and other countries also took part in the event.
- This 5 day event witnessed over 100 conferences and event of scientific and technological origin. The prominent guests include Nobel laureate in biochemistry Thomas Sudoph, Nobel laureate in Chemistry and Physics Avram Hershko and Fredrick Duncan Haldane respectively.
- Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA) is a premier scientific organization of India with headquarters at Kolkata, West Bengal. The association started in the year 1914 in Kolkata and it meets annually in the first week of January. It has a membership of more than 30,000 scientists.
- PM Narendra Modi mentioned major achievements of Indian Science in 2018 which included production of aviation grade biofuel; Divya Nayan – a machine for visually impaired; inexpensive device for diagnosing cervical cancer,TB and dengue etc; a real time landslide warning system in the Sikkim- Darjeeling region etc.
- He also made announcement for the approval of National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber Physical System by Union Government worth Rs. 3,600 crore. He also notified the preparation of sending three individual to space by Gaganyaan in 2022.