Question: Representatives of how many Election Management Bodies across the world witnessed the 17th Lok Sabha election in the Election Visitors Programme?
- The Election Commission of India (ECI) organised an Election Visitors Programme.
- Heads and Representatives of 20 Election Management Bodies (EMBs) from across the World, namely Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Fiji, Georgia, Kenya, Republic of Korea, and more arrived in New Delhi on 12th May, 2019 to witness the ongoing General Elections to 17th Lok Sabha.
- More than 65 such delegates have been invited by Election Commission of India to join the Election Visitors Program.
- Chief Election Commissioner, Sunil Arora addressed the participants and lauded the foresight and vision of forefathers of Indian Constitution in establishing the Election Commission of India a day before the promulgation of the Republic.
- Second issue of ECI’s quarterly magazine “My Vote Matters” was also released on this occasion by the Commission. The Magazine presents a comprehensive glimpse of preparatory initiatives in different States for the ongoing elections.