Question: Presently to how many countries does India provided the facility of E tourist Visa?
- According to release made by Ministry of Tourism on 15 December 2015, A total of 83,501 foreign tourists arrived in the country on E-Tourist Visa in November 2015 registering a growth of 2713.4%.
- Tourist Visa on Arrival (TVoA) enabled by Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA), presently known as E-Tourist Visa scheme was launched on November 27, 2014.
- A total of 83,501 foreign tourists arrived in the country on E-Tourist Visa in November 2015 as compared to 2,968 during the month of October, 2014.
- At present e-Tourist Visa facility is available for citizens of 113 countries arriving at 16 Airports in India.
- The percentage shares of top 10 source countries availing e-Tourist Visa facilities during November, 2015 were as follows:UK (23.93%), USA (16.33%), Russian Fed. (8.17%), France (7.64%), Germany (5.60%), Australia (4.82%), Canada (4.71%), China (3.26%), Ukraine (2.03%) and Netherlands (1.75%).
- E-Tourist Visa fee structure has been revised w.e.f November 03, 2015.
- Bank charges have also been reduced.