Question- On February 13, 2018, the e-Foreign Regional Registration Office (e-FRRO) was initiated in FRRO (Foreign Regional Registration Office) located in four cities. Which is not included in the aforesaid?
- On April 13th, 2018, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh launched the web-based application e-FRRO (e-Foreign Regional Registration Office).
- In the present system, foreigners staying in India on Visa duration of more than 180 days have to get themselves registered with their respective FROs/FRROs.
- Similarly, foreigners requiring different kind of visa related services such as Visa extension, Visa Conversion, Change of address, Change of Educational institutions, Exit permits etc are currently required to visit the FROs/FRROs office.
- Some of the salient features of the e-FRRO include online FRRO Service delivery mechanism without requirement of visiting FRRO/FRO Office barring exceptional cases.
- Using this application, foreigners are required to create their own User ID by registering themselves.
- Afterwards, they can apply online through registered User-ID for various Visa and Immigration related services in India viz. Registration, Visa Extension, Visa Conversion, Exit Permit etc.
- It is known that during 2017, more than one crore foreigners visited India and out of them approximately 3.6 lakhs had to visit FRRO offices spread across the country for various visa-related services.
- With the launch of the online e-FRRO scheme, their physical visit to the FRRO offices thus been obviated.