Question: Name the airport which retained the top spot as World’s Busiest Airport for the fifth consecutive year recently?
(a) Dubai International Airport
(b) Changi Airport
(c) Beijing Capital International Airport
(d) San Francisco International Airport
- Dubai International Airport (DXB) retained the top global spot in 2018 as the world’s busiest airport for the fifth consecutive year.
- It overtook the crown of the world’s busiest hub for international travel from London’s Heathrow in 2014.
- Annual traffic rose slightly to 89.15 million passengers, 1% above the number recorded in the year 2017. It missed the target of 90.3 million passengers.
- In 2017, Indians retained the top position with 12.28 million passengers and Saudis came in second with 6.47 million travelers, overtaking Britons.
- The Dubai International Airport (DXB) was opened for civil aviation in July 1937.