Question: The Indian Navy has received the New-Generation Wargaming software from?
- On 16th September, 2019; the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) handed over New-Generation Wargaming Software to the Indian Navy.
- The Software aims for enabling Maritime Warfare Centres (MWCs) and train using the latest technologies and computing tools.
- It enables global Wargaming scenarios and also enables exercises to be conducted between geographically-dispersed locations over a Wide Area Network (WAN).
- The software was handed over by Secretary in the Department of Defence R&D and DRDO chairman Sri G. Satheesh Reddy to G Ashok Kumar, the Vice Chief of Naval Staff at the Institute for Systems Studies and Analysis (ISSA), Delhi.
- The software is developed by DRDO’s laboratory- ISSA, Delhi in collaboration with MWC of Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.