Question: Recently which missile underwent three tests in a day by DRDO?
- On 7th July, 2019, in a single day, Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) successfully carried out 3 tests of Nag missiles.
- This test has been carried out in Pokhran, Rajasthan. The missile is now in the final stage of its induction in the Indian Army.
- In 2018, the Defence Acquisition Council had approved the procurement of NAG Missile System (NAMIS).
- Nag Missile is a third generation Anti-Tank Guided Missile and it can effectively engage and destroy all known enemy tanks during day and night.
- Equipped with top attack capabilities it is one of the first 5 strategic missiles which were planned to be developed under the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme (IGMDP) initiated in the 1980s.
- Other missiles under IGMDP were Agni, Prithvi, Trishul and Akash.