Question: DRDO Chairman got Missile System Award for design, development and deployment of-
(a) Diversified strategic and tactical missile systems
(b) Guided weapons
(c) Advanced avionics and navigation technologies
(d) All of above
- DRDO Chairman G. Satheesh Reddy honored with Missile System Award for 2019 by American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronauts (AIAA) in March, 2019.
- Reddy shared the award with Rondell J. Wilson, a former Principal Engineering Fellow of Raytheon Missile Systems.
- G. Satheesh Reddy is the first Indian to be awarded this prestigious award.
- He is also the first person to be conferred by this award outside USA in nearly four decades.
About G. Satheesh Reddy:
- G. Satheesh Reddy is the Secretary of India’s Department of Defense and Chairman of Defense Research and Development organization (DRDO).
- He is the scientific advisor of Defense Ministry and the architect of advanced Missile system technologies and smart guided weapons technologies in India.
- He is the first scientist of India to receive silver Medal from the Royal Aeronautical Society, London.
Missile System Award:
- This is a prestigious annual award given by the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronauts (AIAA) to recognize excellence in Missile System Technology.