Question- Dr. Chandrakant Devtale recently passed away. He was-
- On August 14th, 2017, Dr. Chandrakant Devtale, famous poet of Hindi, died.
- He was born on November 7, 1936 in Joul Kheda, Betul district of Madhya Pradesh.He was MA in Hindi Literature from Holkar College, Indore and done PhD on Mukti Bodha from Sagar University in 1984.
- He taught in colleges of Panna, Bhopal, Ujjain, Pipariya, Rajgarh, Ratlam, Nagda and Indore under the Higher Education Department, Madhya Pradesh from 1961 to 1996.
- ‘Haddiyon me Chipa Jwar’,’ Deewaron par Khoon, ‘Lakadbaggha hans Raha Hai’, ‘Roshani ke Maidaan ki taraf” Aaag har cheez mai batayi gayi thi ‘,’ Etani Patthar Roshani ‘,’ Ujaad mai Sangrahalay’,’ Aakash ki jaat bta Bhaiya, ‘Patthar fenk raha hoon’, ‘Kavi ne kaha’ and Pratinidhi Kavitayain etc. are his important poetry collections.
- He was awarded Sahitya Akademi Award for the year 2013 for the collection of poem ‘Patthar fenk raha hoon’.
- Apart from this, he also got Shikhar Samman of Madhya Pradesh Government, the Makhan Lal Chaturvedi Poetry Award, Pahal Samman, Bhavbhuti Alankaran,
- Kavita Samay Samman, Kusumagraj National Award and Rachna Samay Samman.