Question: Which Government has recently introduced ‘Doorstep Delivery’ scheme to ensure access to 40 government services at home?
(a) Uttar Pradesh
- On January 15, 2018, Delhi’s Deputy Governor Anil Baijal approved the Delhi Government’s ambitious plan ‘Doorstep Delivery’ scheme.
- The purpose of this scheme is to ensure access to 40 government services at the residence of the National Capital Region.
- Under the scheme Delhi Government will provide 40 services to citizens, including driving license, ration card, caste certificate, marriage registration, birth and death certificate, new water or sewer connection.
- In the first phase doorstep delivery facility will be available for 40 services in 8 Government Departments.
- Under this scheme, internet kiosks will be provided by adequate safeguards to young entrepreneurs for providing current online service.
- If necessary, for the educated unemployed to set up kiosk, the Delhi government will provide soft loans.
- A suitable financial model will be prepared for this.
- Both systems will work as a complement to each other.
- Along with approval, the Lt Governor has also advised the concerned Administrative Department to finalize the proposal for setting up Internet Kiosks within a month.
- It is remarkable that this scheme was sanctioned by the Delhi Cabinet on November 16, 2017.