Question: Swachch Bharat Grand Challenge awards was conferred by which of the following?
(a) Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
(b) Department of Public Enterprises
(c) Department of Rural Development
(d) Department of Social justice and Empowerment
- On 26th December, 2018, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) has conferred Swachch Bharat Grand Challenge awards in four sectors namely Air, Sanitation, Waste and Water. The awards were given by Secretary DIPP, Ramesh Abhishek in New Delhi.
- As part of the Swachhta Pakhwada held from 1st to 15th November, 2018, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) organized a Swachch Bharat Grand Challenge.
- This was organized to reward innovative solutions by DIPP recognized Start-ups in the country. 165 applications were received from 70 districts in 22 states. Unique solutions were received from start-ups who had also filed for intellectual property rights.
- The 1st Prize money for the Swachch Bharat Grand Challenge was Rs. 2 lakh and 2nd Prize, Rs. 1 lakh along with a certificate of appreciation.
- In the Air Sector first and second award was conferred to Maclec Technical Project Laboratory Pvt. Ltd., Delhi and Small Spark Concepts Technologies Private Limited, Pune (Maharashtra) respectively.
- In the Sanitation Sector first and second award was given to Altersoft Innovations India Pvt. Ltd., Cochin (Kerala) and Naturesani Pvt. Ltd., Telangana respectively.
- In the Waste Sector first and second award was given to Sanshodhan An EWaste Exchange Pvt. Ltd., Telangana and Flycatcher Technologies LLP, Mumbai (Maharashtra) respectively.
- In the Water Sector first and second award was given REVY Environmental Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Gujarat and EF Polymer Pvt. Ltd., Rajasthan respectively.
- Swachhta Pakhwada observed by DIPP in November emphasized the cleanliness on the lines of Swachch Bharat movement. Various activities were undertaken like cleaning of corridors, office premises, quadrangles and parking areas of Udyog Bhawan, moping of glass partitions and cleaning of sections/records/library.
- Along with the Horticulture Department of CPWD the cutting of hedges, pruning of tree branches, mowing the lawn, display and coloring of plant pots, removal of weeds and repairs and replacement of broken pots was undertaken.