Question: Where the four day Destination North East festival is being organized from 23 to 26 November 2019?
- The Union Minister for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurated a 4-day North East festival in Varanasi.
- This event will offer an opportunity for the fusion of the two rich cultures of Ganga and Brahmaputra, represented by Varanasi and North East respectively.
Highlights of the event:
- Varanasi is a holy city and it is a unique opportunity to have this event organised in Varanasi. This event would also bring India’s cultural diversities together and help people across India to understand what Northeast is all about.
- Veteran cine star Zeenat Aman, Former cricketer R P Singh and several other celebrities for the world of films, music and sports were also present on the occasion.
- The festival is being organised by the Union Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) at IIT BHU grounds, Varanasi. The previous editions of ‘Destination North East’ were held in Delhi and Chandigarh.
- “Destination North East” 2019 is providing live experience to the audience. All the eight North Eastern States are participating in the event along with their respective handicrafts, handloom, organic products and cultural troupes.
- Northeast has something to offer to each of the young Start-Ups and aspiring entrepreneurs from all over India and therefore it is fast emerging as the favorite destination for youth from all over India. This will help in curbing youth exodus.
- North East model of development has today become a reference point for replication in other parts of India. There is so much to learn from North East. States like Sikkim have GDP that most of the other states don’t have. “Venture fund” is started for start-ups introduced by DoNER ministry.
- Connecting North east with the rest of country is the priority of Modi Government. Various steps have been taken to boost rail, air and road connectivity. The budget to North east has been increased. A train will soon be flagged off to Bangladesh from North East.