Question: Recently, the Prime Minister laid the foundation stone of which of the following 14-lane expressway project?
(a) Delhi-Lucknow Expressway
(b) Delhi-Agra Expressway
(c) Delhi-Meerut Expressway
(d) Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway
- On 31 December 2015, The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi unveiled a plaque to mark the laying of the foundation stone of the of 74 km long Delhi-Dasna-Meerut 14 lane Expressway.
- Along with this he also unviled the upgradation of 22 Km long Dasna-Hapur section of NH-24, at Sector-62 in Noida.
- Delhi-Meerut Expressway will spur development in western Uttar Pradesh.
- The above project will cost Rs 7566 Crore and will include the following three components :
- DME Phase-I – Construction of 28 km long 14 lane Delhi-Dasna section of Delhi-Meerut Expressway, costing Rs 2869 Crore.
- DME Phase II – Construction of 46 km long, 6 lane Dasna-Meerut section of Delhi-Meerut Expressway, costing Rs 3575 Crore.
- Phase-III- 6- laning of 22 km long Dasna-Hapur section of NH -24 costing Rs 1122 Crore.
- This expressway is the first project under the new Hybrid Annuity model.
- It will be developed as a smart expressway.