Question: The 11th biennial edition of DefExpo India- 2020 is to be held in-
(a) New Delhi
- The 11th biennial edition of DefExpo India- 2020 is to be held from 5-8 February 2020 in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
- The preparations were reviewed by the Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on 5 January 2020.
- It is expected to be the largest exhibition for the world’s defence companies to display their land, sea and air capabilities at a single exhibition.
- Defence Expo- 2020 will be inaugurated by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The theme of the expo is India: The Emerging Defence Manufacturing Hub.
- The previous expo was held in Chennai, Tamil Nadu in 2018. It was held over an 80-acre area. The 2020 Def Expo is organized over a 200-acre area.
- It is expected that 65 MoUs will be signed with the Indian and foreign defence companies at the Lucknow expo.
- India has 135 countries to participate in the event till now 70 countries confirmed their participation.
- The defence ministers and army chiefs of 25 countries are expected to participate in the programme.
- Around 925 exhibitors are expected to participate in the event as well as top defence manufacturers from the United States, Russia, the United Kingdom, South Korea, France, Sweden etc. will participate in the expo.