Question: Consider the following statement regarding DEFCOM 2019:
(1) It was held at Manekshaw Centre, New Delhi.
(2) The theme of this exercise “Communications as a Decisive Catalyst for Jointness”.
From the above, correct statement/s is/are:
(a) Only 1)
(b) Only (2)
(c) Both (1) and (2)
(d) None of the above
- DEFCOM seminar, jointly organised by the Corps of Signals and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has evolved over the years to become a landmark symposium for collaboration between the Indian armed forces, academia, research and development organizations, and the Industry on aspects pertaining to Information and Communications Technology.
- DEFCOM 2019 to be held on 26th and 27th November. 2019 at Manekshaw Centre, New Delhi will seek to deliberate on the theme, “Communications as a Decisive Catalyst for Jointness”.
- The curtain raiser ceremony for the event was held on 22nd October, 2019 at India Habitat Centre and attended by senior officers of the Indian armed forces, academia and industry.
- Lieutenant General JP Nehra (Retd), Principal Advisor (Defence) of CII highlighted the crucial role played by DEFCOM over the years in promoting collaboration between the armed forces and the industry in the Information and Communications Technology domain.
- He also encouraged the industry to actively participate in the DEFCOM exhibition with their solutions and products to enhance defence communications.