Question: Communal Harmony Day is observed on 20th August every year, it is observed on the birth anniversary of which eminent personality?
(a) Mahatma Gandhi
(b) Rajiv Gandhi
(c) Indira Gandhi
(d) Feroz Gandhi
- Communal Harmony Day (Sadbhavna Divas) is observed on the birth anniversary of former Prime Minister, Rajiv Gandhi.
- This year was the 75th birth anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi (20th August, 1944).
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid tributes to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.
- Rajiv Gandhi became the youngest Prime Minister of the country at the age of 40.
- He was assassinated 21st May, 1991, by a Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) suicide bomber during an election rally in Sriperumbudur in Tamil Nadu.
- His death anniversary is also observed as Anti-Terrorism Day.