Question: Commonwealth Day is observed on?
(a) 24th May
(b) 26th May
(c) 28th May
(d) 22nd May
- On 24th May, 2019, Commonwealth Day was observed throughout India.
- This year’s theme for the day was ‘A Connected Commonwealth’.
- Formerly, this day was known as Empire Day.
- In 1958, Harold Macmillan announced in Parliament the renaming of Empire Day as Commonwealth Day.
- This day is observed in the countries which were once part of the British Empire.
- On 11th March, 2019, people in Commonwealth countries in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean and Americas, the Pacific and Europe observed the Commonwealth Day.