Question: Interactive Forum of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) between India and Russia is named as-
(a) Special and Privileged Strategic Partnership
(b) Special and Privileged Partnership
(c) Sharing strategic partnership
(d) Privileged partnership
- Union Minister, Suresh Prabhu, addressed Interactive Forum of Small and Medium Enterprises between India and Russia in Bengaluru on 21st February, 2019.The forum is titled Special and Privileged Strategic Partnership.
- The two nations enjoy a multi-dimensional cooperation extending to all areas of bilateral relationship – political, security, trade and economy, defence, education, science & technology, culture and people to people.
- By 2030 India is expected to be the third largest economy in the world with a huge section of middleclass consumers. In order to reach that position the country requires more and improved infrastructure, access to energy, quality goods and services and a modern agriculture sector.
- The Government of India has already announced the setting up of a fast track, single-window mechanism for Russian companies. This mechanism would be in addition to the Russia Desk that had been set up to promote Russian investment in India.
- The two countries are expected to cooperate in sectors such as energy resources, gold and diamonds, infrastructure development, digital technologies, research & development, pharma & biotechnology and agriculture among others.
By Achyutanand Pandey