Question: Which of the following states has been given the first prize in category ‘A’ under the e-Panchayat Award at the Panchayati Raj Conference held in Lucknow?
(c) West Bengal
- On April 24, 2017 Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath inaugurated the Panchayati Raj Conference on the occasion of National Panchayati Raj Day.
- The conference was held in Dr. Ram Mannohar Lohia National Law University, Lucknow.
- This conference was organized jointly by the Union Ministry of Panchayati Raj and the Government of Uttar Pradesh.
- The theme of the conference was the “New India created from the smart village”.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister launched Panchamati Raj Ministry’s Quarterly magazine ‘Gramodaya Sankalp’ and also launched Mobile App of ‘Gramodaya Sankalp’.
- In addition to this, the Chief Minister also inaugurated the YouTube Channel of the Panchayati Raj Ministry.
- Simultaneously, this Ministry launched an awareness program in social media through the Instant Messaging app through audio visual content.
- Under the ‘Sakriya Panchayat’ series by the Chief Minister, two new books ‘ Water Resources in Gram Panchayat and ‘Health Development in Gram Panchayat’ were released.
- The Chief Minister also inaugurated the Online Certification Course of the Panchayati Raj Ministry for the elected representatives of Panchayats, personnel and other people interested in PES management.
- This course will be run in collaboration with the National Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Institute, Hyderabad.
- On this occasion, Panchayat Mitra, a portal of Panchayat Raj Department, was launched by Union Panchayati Raj Minister Narendra Singh Tomar.
- Information about all the works of the District Panchayat can be obtained on this portal.
- At the end of the program, under the e-Panchayat award, Karnataka got first prize in category ‘A’, Kerala second and West Bengal third.
- Sikkim got prizes in ‘B’ category.
- Apart from this, 189 districts, development blocks and village panchayats of the country were awarded with Deendayal Upadhyay Panchayat Empowerment Award and 20 Panchayats were awarded with Nanaji Deshmukh National Gaurav Gram Sabha Award.