Question: ‘Sea Vigil’ is defence exercise of which of the following country?
- Coastal Defence Exercise codenamed ‘Sea Vigil 2019’ was conducted by Indian Navy, in close coordination with the Indian Coast Guard and all coastal security stakeholders on 22 and 23 January 2019.
- The mega exercise undertaken along the entire 7516.6 km coastline and Exclusive Economic Zone of India comprising the states West Bengal, Odisha, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nandu and Puducherry.
- It was the largest such exercise the country had ever witnessed in recent times and saw participation by more than 100 ships, aircraft and patrol boats manned and operated by various security agencies.
- The exercise consisted of two distinct phases. In the first phase, all stakeholders assessed the robustness of their own organisations. During the second phase, simulated attacks were carried out on vital installations and assets by infiltrating through the sea, in Kerala and Lakshadweep.
- During the exercise, multi-agency teams also evaluated the security set up implemented by agencies including at fishing harbours, fish landing centres, police control rooms and ports amongst others.