Question: Which of the following teams won the title of Coal India Hockey India League 2016?
(a) Delhi Waveriders
(b) Kalinga Lancers
(c) Jaypee Punjab Warriors
(d) Ranchi Rays
- The 2016 Hockey India League (HIL) (known as Coal India Hockey India League for sponsorship reasons) is the fourth season of the professional hockey tournament began on 18 January and concluded on 21 February 2016.
- On 21 February 2016 Jaypee Punjab Warriors won their maiden title of Hockey India League by defeating Kalinga Lancers 6-1 at the Astro Turf Hockey Stadium,Rachi.
- Jaypee Punjab Warriors who were crowned Champions of the 4th Coal India Hockey India League walked away with a winner’s cheque of INR 2.50 Crores along with the winner’s trophy and Kalinga Lancers who finished as the Runner’s up were awarded a cheque of INR 1.25 Crores.
- On February 21 in a match played for the third place, Delhi Waveriders defeated Ranchi Rays by 2-0 and secured third position in the league.
- Delhi Waveriders received cash prize of INR 75 lakh for its third position in the league.
- The Coal India Player of the Tournament Award of INR 50.00 Lakh was awarded to Rupinder Pal Singh from the Delhi Waveriders.
- The Ponty Chadha Upcoming Player of the Tournament award of INR 20.00 Lakh went to Sumit from the Ranchi Rays.
- The Dhruv Batra Maximum Goals award for the maximum goals scored by an individual of INR 20.00 Lakh was awarded by Mr. Leandro Negre, President, FIH to Kalinga Lancer’s Glenn Turner.