Question: The Civil Aviation Ministry has given clearance for how many Greenfield airports?
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation has approved the construction of four greenfield airports in India. The airports are aimed to reduce passenger traffic of other major airports in the country.
- Three of the total four Greenfield airports will be set up in Andhra Pradesh.
- One Greenfield airport will be constructed at Dholera in Gujarat the new airport aims to reduce traffic of the Ahmedabad airport.
- The Andhra Pradesh government has announced separate aviation policy aimed at encouraging investment and basic infrastructure development.
- Greenfield Airport: It is a new airport which is constructed on an undeveloped site. It is built from scratch on a new location because the existing airport is unable to meet the traffic requirements.