Question: Which of the following ministry is going to organize Chintan Shivir on 23rd September, 2019?
(a) Ministry of Food
(b) Ministry of Home
(c) Ministry of Steel
(d) Ministry of Environment
- The Ministry of Steel partnering with Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) and Joint Plant Committee is organizing a day long Chintan Shivir on 23rd September, 2019 at Manekshaw Centre, New Delhi. It is organized by Ministry of Steel
- The Chintan Shivir aims to hold deliberations among key stakeholders to further the growth of Indian Steel industry by arriving at a strategy to make the Indian Steel sector vibrant, efficient, environment friendly and globally competitive.
- The key objective of the day long Chintan Shivir is to discuss opportunities of enhancing competitiveness of Indian Steel sector, facilitate capacity expansion & technology adoption, and augment demand for Indian Steel, both for domestic consumption as well as for exports.
- Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister for Steel and Petroleum & Natural Gas, Nitin Gadkari, Minister of Road Transport & Highways and Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises, and other ministers will be addressing the gathering in the Valedictory Session.
- Keeping in mind the key focus areas for the sector, various technical sessions have been crafted accordingly for the day.
- The first technical session on facilitating domestic capacity expansion with special reference to Secondary Steel Sector will comprise of key stakeholders of the Secondary Steel Sector. This session will capture the opportunities & challenges in the sector and discuss upon how it can support the capacity expansion aligned to the targets of National Steel Policy 2017.
- The second session on the theme demand generation, enhancing usage in various sectors would focus on the demand drivers, defining the growth dynamics of Indian Steel Industry. The session will witness participation of stakeholders both from users as well as the steel producers.
- The third session on making India a hub for High Grade Steel would deal with the challenges and opportunities pertaining to indigenous development of high-grade steel.
- The conference will witness participation from policy makers, bureaucrats, steel PSUs, integrated steel producers, secondary steel producers & others.