Question: Recently an agreement between China and Myanmar has been signed for oil pipelines. How long is this pipeline?
(a) 1771 km
(b) 1775 km
(c) 771 km
(d) 775 km
- On April 10, 2017, an agreement was signed for crude oil pipeline between China and Myanmar.
- The pipeline will start from Maday Island on the western coast of Myanmar and enter China at Ruili in Yunnan.
- The pipeline is of total 771 kilometer length.
- This pipeline passes through the hills of Myanmar’s smallest state, Magway and Mandalay areas and Shan State.
- Construction of the pipeline began in June 2010 with designed transmission capacity of 22 million tons per year.
- According to the agreement, Myanmar can be supplied with an estimated 2.5 million tonnes of crude oil through this pipeline.