Question: Which channel owned by Bangladesh TV will now be shown in the DD Free Dish, as per a decision of the government of India?
(a) Ekkator TV
(b) Asian TV
(c) Channel 24
(d) BTV World
- In a big boost to India-Bangladesh cooperation, the Government of India has decided to show BTV World, a channel owned by Bangladesh TV, on the Doordarshan Free Dish.
- At the same time, DD India would be made available in Bangladesh for being viewed by the people in that country.
- This arrangement is as a result of an MoU signed between Prasar Bharati and Bangladesh TV (BTV) on 7th May, 2019.
- The channel – BTV World would be of special interest to the viewers of Eastern India.
- The decision marks an important watershed in the strengthening of ties between the two countries and follows with an earlier decision taken by the two Governments to co-produce a film on Banga Bandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, which will be directed by the eminent film Director/Producer Shyam Benegal.
- The Government has also approved the proposal of Prasar Bharati for making available the KBS World, an English 24×7 channel of Government of Republic of South Korea on the DD Free Dish for the Indian viewers.
- Simultaneously, people of Korea would be able to view DD India in their country.