Question. Which of the following statements are true regarding Central zonal council?
(A)Union minister of home affairs is the chairman of the council
(B)Governor of the states is its members.
(C)It is a constitutional body.
(D)Recently 20th meeting of the Central zonal council was held
- 21st Central zonal council was held in Lucknow on 24th September and was chaired by Union Minister of Home affairs Rajnath Singh.
Various issues discussed in the council as follows-
- Raod transport
- Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna
- Measure to tackle the Naxal problem
- Modernization of police
- Infrastructure development of airports
- Minimum support price
- National health mission and issues related to primary schools.
Central zonal council-
- To promote cooperation and coordination among states
- A statutory body established under the state reorganization act, 1956.
- It is a deliberative and advisory body.
There are 5 zonal council-
- Northern zonal council- Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and, Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, the national capital territory of Delhi and Chandigarh
- Central zonal council- Chhattisgarh, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh
- Eastern zonal council- Bihar, Jharkhand, Orissa and West Bengal
- Western zonal council- Goa, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Daman &n Diu, Dadra, and Nagar Haveli
- Southern zonal council- Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, and Puducherry.
By Ramaayn Upadhyay