Question: Recently, Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) grant its approval to continue how long to Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS)?
(a) March 31, 2019
(b) March 31, 2022
(c) March 31, 2020
(d) March 31, 2023
- On January 10th, 2018, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved the Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS) to continue ahead of 12th Plan till the period of 14th Finance Commission.
- With an annual allocation of Rs 3,650 crore and total outlay of Rs 11850 crore, for the next 3 years and for the purpose of training to be given to them / to increase the capacity of the officers at the state / district level, additional allocation of crore rupees has been provided by the Ministry under the scheme.
- Funds of MPLADS are issued to the nodal district authorities as per the provisions of the receipt of necessary documents and the guidelines of the MPLADS.
- Based on locally felt needs in the areas of national priority like drinking water, education, public health, sanitation and roads, the creation of sustainable property will benefit the entire population of the country under this scheme.
- It is known that the MPLADS scheme was launched by the Central Government in the year 1993-1994.
- Since the beginning of the scheme, a total of 1, 88,218 works of Rs. 44,929.17 crore have been approved from the MPLADS funds till August 2017.