Question: Justin Trudeau has won the recently held Prime Minister election in Canada. He belongs to?
(a) Conservative Party
(b) Liberal Party
(c) Green Party
(d) New Democratic Party
- Canada witnessed the General Elections on 21st October, 2019 in which the incumbent leader Justin Trudeau`s Liberal Party got the highest number of seat.
- Trudeau will however form a minority government in his second term as the party alone has failed to secure majority seats.
- Liberals secured 157 seats which is 13 short to form a majority in nation’s 338 electoral seats.
- Conservatives won the second highest seats by winning 121 seats while The Bloc Quebecois took 32 seats.
- The New Democratic Party (NDP) won 24 seats. NDP leader Jagmeet Singh, a leftist former criminal defence lawyer, is the first non-white leader of a federal political party in Canada.
- Canada has a quasi federal system of government and the Prime Minister is elected for the period of 4 years.