Question:Union Cabinet approved setting up a new company under Department of Space for which of the following objective?
(a) Commercially exploit the research carried out by ISRO Centers and constituent units of DOS
(b) For Development work carried out by ISRO Centers
(c) Both (a) & (b)
(d) None of the above
- Union Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved setting up a new company under Department of Space (DoS) on the 19th February, 2019.
- Objective of this company is to commercially exploit the research and development work carried out by ISRO Centers and constituent Units of DoS.
- The following areas/avenues provide opportunities for commercial exploitation of ISRO programmes:
- Small satellite technology transfer to industry, wherein the new company shall take license from DoS/ISRO and sub-license to industries.
- Manufacture of small satellite launch vehicle (SLV) in collaboration with the Private Sector.
- Productionisation of Polar SLV through industry; Productionisation and marketing of Space-based products and services, including launch and applications.
- Transfer of Technology developed by ISRO Centers and constituent units of DoS.
- Marketing of some spin-off technologies and products, both in India and abroad.
- Any other subject which Government of India deems fit.