Ques- Recently the cabinet has gives its approval for signing Tripartite Agreement among which of the following countries?
(a)India, Brazil, US
(b) India, Sri Lanka, South Africa
(c) India, Brazil, South Africa
(d) India, Bangladesh, South Africa
- On November 18, 2015 The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the signing of the Tripartite Agreement among India, Brazil and South Africa (IBSA), on the IBSA Fund for the Alleviation of Poverty and Hunger.
- The decision will help in strengthening the IBSA Fund which is a unique vehicle in the context of South-South cooperation.
- The IBSA countries contribute US$ 1 million each annually to the Fund, which till January 2015 has accumulated to US$ 28.2 million.
- India on its part has contributed US$ 9.1 million so far to the Fund.
- It is notable that the IBSA Fund for the Alleviation of Poverty and Hunger was set up in 2004 as one of the three pillars of cooperation under the IBSA Dialogue Forum.
- The other two pillars are consultation and coordination on global political issues and trilateral collaboration in concrete areas and projects.