Question: Who is the author of the book ‘Blue Waters Ahoy!’?
(a) Vice Admiral Arun Prakash
(b) Admiral Nirmal Kumar Verma
(c) Admiral R K Dhowan
(d) Vice Admiral Anup Singh
- Admiral Sunil Lanba, PVSM, AVSM, ADC Chief of the Naval Staff, released a book titled ‘Blue Waters Ahoy!’ – chronicling the Indian Navy’s History from 2001-10 on the occasion of Navy Day.
- The book is authored by Vice Admiral Anup Singh, ex Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Eastern Naval Command, Sh. Ramnath Kovind, the President of India graced the occasion.
- This is in fact, the sixth volume of the Navy’s History; the first five having covered the period from 1945 to 2000.
- In order to recognize the evolution of Indian Navy a History Cell was established in 1968 which collates and analyses historical data.
- The Indian Navy celebrates Navy Day every year on 04th December to commemorate its offensive actions during the 1971 war.
By Ramayan Upadhyay