Question: How many seats in the Bihar assembly elections are reserved for Scheduled Tribes?
- According to the result announced by election commission on November 8, 2015, the Grand Alliance (RJD+JDU+INC) won 178 seats and the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) won 57 seats in the Bihar Assembly election.
- With this victory, Grand Alliance led by Nitish Kumar able to attain majority in Bihar election.
- Seat tally for Grand Alliance is: 80 seats for Rastriya Janta Dal (RJD), 71 seats for Janta Dal United (JDU) and 27 seats for Indian National Congress (INC).
- Seat tally of the BJP-led NDA is: 53 seats for BJP (Bhartiya Janta Party), 2 seats for Lok Jan Shakti Party (LJP), 2 seat for Rashtriya Lok Samta Party (RLSP) and 1 seat for Hindustani Awam Morcha (HAM).
- Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) (Liberation) won 3 seats and 4 seats are won by Independent candidates.
- If we see the party wise vote share BJP got 24.4%, RJD 18.4% and JDU 16.8% of total votes.
- Independent candidates got 9.4%, INC 6.7% and LJP manage to get 4.8 % of the votes.
- RLSP got 2.6%, HAM 2.3%, BSP (Bahujan Samaj Party) 2.1%, [CPI(ML)(L)] 1.5% and Samajwadi Party (SP) 1% of total votes.
- For the first time Hyderabad-based All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen fought from 6 constituencies in Bihar and only received 0.2% of total votes.
- 5% of voters use the button NOTA (None Of The Above).
- It is to be noted that Bihar Assembly election notification was issued on 9 September 2015 because the term of the Legislative Assembly of Bihar is normally due to expire on 29-11-2015.
- The total numbers of Assembly constituencies in the states of Bihar are 243 and 38 seats reserved for the Scheduled castes and 2 for the scheduled tribes.
- Bihar election is completed in five phases in which 56.8% voters used their voting rights, total number of voters in Bihar is 66826658.
- The first phase of the elections held on October 12, 2015 in the 49 assembly constituencies.
- The second phase of the elections held on October 16, 2015 in the 32 assembly constituencies.
- The third phase of the elections held on October 28, 2015 in the 50 assembly constituencies.
- The fourth phase of the elections held on November 01, 2015 in the 55 assembly constituencies.
- The fifth and last phase of the elections held on October 05, 2015 in the 57 assembly constituencies.