Question: As part of the Republic Day 2018 celebrations, the ‘Bharat Parv’ event is being organized by the Government of India at the Red Fort, Delhi from-
(a) 26th to 28th January, 2018
(b) 26th to 31st January, 2018
(c) 27th to 31st January, 2018
(d) 26th to 27th January, 2018
- From 26th to 31st January, 2018, as part of the Republic Day 2018 celebrations, the ‘Bharat Parv’ event is being organized by the Government of India at the Red Fort, Delhi .
- The prime objective of organizing the event is to generate a patriotic mood, promote the rich cultural diversity of the country and to ensure wider participation of the general public.
- Smt. Rashmi Verma, Secretary, Ministry of Tourism will inaugurate the event at 5.00 pm on 26th January, 2018 (Republic Day) and it would be open for public till 10.00 pm.
- From 27th to 31st January, 2018, the event will be open from 12 Noon to 10.00 pm.
- The event is open for public and entry is free. However, identity proof is to be carried for entry to the event.
- The Ministry of Tourism has been designated as the nodal Ministry for the event.
- The Cultural Performances include choreographed Fork/ Tribal Dances and Music arranged through the North Zonal Cultural Centre as well as performances by cultural troupes from the different States / UTs of the country.
- The Food Court will have stalls set up by the States/ UTs, National Association of Street Vendors of India (NASVI) showcasing street food from different regions as well as by the Institutes of Hotel Managements and ITDC.
- The Craft Mela with 50 stalls will showcase the diverse handicrafts of the country, arranged by the State Governments and Ministry of Textiles through the office of the Development Commissioner of Handicrafts.
- There will be Theme State Pavilions where each State would showcase their strengths along with tourism products.
- DAVP is also setting up an exhibition on the theme “Naya Bharat Hum Karke Rahenge”.
- A live ‘Cookery Demonstration Area’ is being set up in the food court to promote cuisines of different States of India.