Question: What is true about Bharat Electronics limited?
(a) It is a Maharatna Company.
(b) It is the largest company in the country making white goods (electronic items of domestic consumption).
(c) It is a public sector undertaking for defence equipments.
(d) None of the above
- According to a release issued on September 05, 2018, Bharat electronics has entered into contracts worth about 9,200 crore with Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) and Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE).
- For the supply of LRSAM system to be fitted on seven ships to be built by these two shipbuilders.
- With an order of 9200 crore, India Electronics has received a total of 50 thousand crore orders in one year, which is the highest in the history of the company.
- Bharat Electronics Limited is a Public Sector Defence Equipment Manufacturer Company established in 1954.
- It has a status of Navratna Company.