Ques: Badarpur–Faridabad area was in the limelight recently, for-
a. Communal riots
b. Industrial development
c. Metro line extension
- 6 September, 2015, Prime Minister Sri Narendra Modi inaugurated Badarpur-Faridabad Metro Line extension.
- This will connect the national capital with the satellite town and hoped that it would give impetus to economic growth in the region.
- The newly built section is using clean energy in the form of solar power to generate around 2 Megawatts (peak) to help run its operations.
- The 14-km-long extension has nine stations from Sarai to Escorts Mujesar, covering large part of the satellite township.
- Two more stations, NCB Colony and Ballabgarh, will come up by 2017.
- 2 lakh people per day will be able to travel to Delhi and Haryana’s industrial sector with this railway section.