Question: Recently which eminent Indian industrialist passed away?
(a) G.D Birla
(b) B.K Birla
(c) K.K Birla
(d) M.P Birla
- On 03rd July, 2019, veteran Indian industrialist Basant Kumar Birla passed away in Mumbai. He was 98.
- He was the youngest son of legendary Ghanshyam Das Birla.
- He was non-executive chairman of the group’s flagship company, Kesoram Industries Ltd. which turned 100 this year.
- GD’s industrial empire comprised jute mills, cotton textile units, sugar companies and trading ventures.
- Mr. B.K. Birla expanded the businesses to include tea, fertilizers, cement and tyres, among others, during the time of the licence system.
- He remained the chairman of most of the companies. The companies included Kesoram Industries, Century Textiles, Jayshree Tea and Century Enka.
- He was also the chairman of the Krishnarpan Charity Trust.