Question: Recently NASA’s OSIRIS-REx spacecraft has discovered traces of water forming ingredients i.e. hydrogen and oxygen molecules in which of the following asteroid?
- NASA’s OSIRIS-REx spacecraft has discovered traces of water forming hydrogen and oxygen molecules in the asteroid Bennu’s rocky surface.
- OSIRIS-REx spacecraft arrived at asteroid Bennu on December 3, 2018.
- OSIRIS-REx is the first asteroid sample-return mission sent by the American space agency NASA, to collect samples of the surface regolith and bring them back to Earth for further study.
- OSIRIS-REx fully known as Origins,Spectral Interpretation,Resource Identification,Security-Regolith Explorer.
- Under the NASA’s New Frontiers program starting from the New Horizons spacecraft which passed through Pluto and Juno spacecraft into orbit around Jupiter, OSIRIS-REx is the third mission in this series.