Question. Which of the following statements are NOT true regarding meet of ISA, IORA, and REINVEST?
(A)This is the first assembly of ISA
(B)Antonio Gutierrez will be the chief guest in the meet
(B)IORA is an association of oil exporting nations
(C)Reinvest is a meet of Renewable energy
- The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy is organizing the First Assembly of International Solar Alliance (ISA); the 2ndIndian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) Renewable Energy Ministerial Meeting and the 2nd Global Renewable Energy Investment Meeting and Expo, (REINVEST- 2018) from 2nd to 5th October 2018 in New Delhi.
- The three events will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi and Antonio Guterres, Secretary-General, United Nations on 2ndOctober 2018 in Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi.
- The International Solar Alliance (ISA), an Indian initiative, was launched jointly by Shri Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India and François Hollande, President of France on 30 November 2015 in Paris.
- India will be hosting 2ndIORA Renewable Energy Ministerial meet from 2nd to 4th October In this meeting, Ministers and delegates from all 21 member-countries are expected to participate. India, Australia, Iran IR, Indonesia Thailand, Malaysia, South Africa, Mozambique, Kenya, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Bangladesh, Singapore, Mauritius, Madagascar, UAE, Yemen, Seychelles, Somalia, Comoros, and Oman are members of IORA.
- The 2ndRE-INVEST aims at accelerating the worldwide effort to scale up renewable energy and connect the global investment community with Indian energy stakeholders The 2nd RE-INVEST is expected to be attended by Ministerial Delegations from across the world, including ISA and IORA Member Countries, over 600 global industry leaders, and 10,000 delegates.
By Ramayan Upadhyay