Question: Where did the Asia Health 2019 Conference take place recently?
(b) New Delhi
- The Asia Health 2019 Conference was organized in New Delhi from 16 to 18 October 2019 in association with CII.
- It was chaired by Union Minister of State Dr. Jitendra Singh.
- Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Aarogya Yojana was described as a unique and successful health insurance scheme launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2018.
- Over 50 lakh people have benefited from this scheme and the government is taking healthcare protection to a new aspirational level. It is the “world’s largest government funded healthcare program” targeting more than 50 crore beneficiaries.
- Dr. Jitendra Singh suggested that in a heterogeneous and dynamic nation like India the fundamental priorities need to be considered while determining the spectrum of healthcare and disease. He said that India is evolving state and the disease and healthcare spectrum should be determined according to it.
- The developed and new technology is needed but there is no alternative for human interface in the healthcare.