Question: On 1st November, 2019; Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) celebrated its?
(a) 57th Foundation Day
(b) 67th Foundation Day
(c) 61th Foundation Day
(d) 17th Foundation Day
- • Ministry of Labour and Employment launched 3 Apps namely, UAN REGISTRATION, E-INSPECTION AND DIGI LOCKE.
- Santosh Kumar Gangwar, Minister of State (I/C) for Labour and Employment launched these Apps on 1st November, 2019; on the occasion of 67th Foundation Day of Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO).
- These apps have been developed by Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO).
- It is expected that these apps will immensely enhance the Ease of Doing Business and promote transparency in the working in the EPFO.
- Mr Gangwar on this occasion said that the government has used information technology in a big way for better service delivery to members.
- IT technology is being used in providing online transfer of Provident Fund, online claim settlement, providing digital lockers and for keeping documents in digital form.
- Now withdrawal of funds will become very easy, if the person’s EPF account is linked with his Aadhar.
- A time limit of 10 days has been fixed for claim settlement.