Question: Recently two defense deals worth over Rs 1700 crore were sanctioned by Defense Minister Nirmala Sitharaman. Under this clearance target-guided bombs will be procured from which of the following countries?
- On January 2nd, 2018, two defense deals worth over Rs 1700 crore were approved by Defense Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- These deals include the purchase of target-guided bomb and barrack missiles.
- 240 target-guided bombs will be procured from Russia, which will cost Rs. 1254 crores.
- In the second deal, 131 Barrack missiles of cost Rs. 460 crores will be procured from Israel’s M / s Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Limited.
- These Barrack missiles are surface to air missiles designed to be used as a shipborne anti-missile defence system against anti-ship missiles.