Question- The 21st All India Review Meeting on Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS) was recently held under the Chairmanship of-
(a)Union Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment.
(b)Union Minister of Statistics &Program Implementation.
(c)Union Minister of law and justice.
(d)Union Minister of Health and family Welfare.
- The 21stAll India Review Meeting on Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS) was held under the Chairmanship of Union Minister of Statistics &Program Implementation D. V. Sadananda Gowda in New Delhi.
- The focus was on issues related to the implementation of MPLADS with the States/UTs so that the Ministry can take steps to address these for further improvements in its implementation.
- Best performing States/UTs in terms of uploading the information (Monthly Progress Report and Work-wise details) on the MPLADS web Portal are Haryana, Chhattisgarh, Mizoram, Punjab, Sikkim, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, West Bengal, Gujarat, Odisha.
- UTs like Lakshadweep, A& N Islands and States of Kerala, Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu are amongst the higher side of the performance having maximum percentage utilization of funds over release.
About MAPLAD scheme–
- MAPLAD stands for Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme.
- It is a scheme formulated by Government of India on 23 December 1993 that provides that each Member of Parliament of India to spend certain amount on the development of his/her constituency.
- The main idea is creation of durable community assetsand for provision of basic facilities including community infrastructure, based on local requirements.