Question: Consider the following statements regarding Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly Election 2019:
(1) YSR Congress won the most 151 seats.
(2) After bifurcation, strength of the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly is 175.
(3) Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy became second Chief Minister after state bifurcation in 2012.
of the above correct statements are:
(a) Only (1) & (2)
(b) Only (2) & (3)
(c) Only (1) & (3)
(d) All of the above
- On 11 April 2019, Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly Elections were held alongside the General Election for constituting the fifteenth Legislative Assembly in the state.
- Results were declared on May 23, 2019.
- Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy led Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party (YSR Congress) won legislative assembly elections, with a massive mandate.
- YSR Congress Party swept the poll winning a record 151 seats out of 175 seats, securing almost 86% of the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly.
- Whereas, former Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu led Telugu Desam Party maintained to secure only 23 seats in the legislative elections.
- Pawan Kalyan’s Janasena Party got 1 seat.
- YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) also won 22 out of 25 Lok Sabha seats.
- On 30 May 2019, Yeduguri Sandinti Jaganmohan Reddy, founder of YSR Congress Party sworn in as the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh at the Indira Gandhi Municipal Stadium in Vijayawada.
- He became the second Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh after state bifurcation in 2014.
- He has been elected as Member of Legislative Assembly from Pulivendla constituency.
- Jaganmohan Reddy is the son of the former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy.
- Prior to this, he was Leader of opposition in the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly from 16 May 2014 until 23 May 2019.
- On 8 June 2019, Governor ESL Narasimhan administered the oath of office and secrecy to the 25 new ministers constituting the state cabinet at a ceremony held near State Secretariat at Velagapudi.
- Apart from Chief Minister, there will be five Deputy Chief Minister, one each from Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, backward, minority and Kapu communities as announced by incumbent CM Y S Jaganmohan Reddy.