Question: Consider the following statement:
(1) The flagship ‘Amma Vodi’ scheme aims to support lakhs of below poverty line mothers or guardians to educate their children.
(2) It was launched by Tamil Nadu Government.
Choose the correct one:
(c) Both(1) and (2)
(d) None of the above
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy launched the flagship ‘Amma Vodi’ scheme to support lakhs of below poverty line mothers or guardians to educate their children.
- Under the Rs 6318 crore scheme, the state will provide direct financial assistance worth Rs 15000 annually to poor and financially weak mothers or guardians, to support them in educating their children.
- The amount will be transferred directly into the bank accounts of the beneficiaries in January every year.
- All below poverty line mothers/ guardians in the state with school-going children, studying in class 1-12 in either private, government, aided or unaided schools will be eligible for the financial assistance.
- The state government has credited the annual financial assistance under the Amma Vodi scheme for the year 2020 into the accounts of 43 lakh poor and needy mothers/ guardians, which is expected to benefit around 82 lakh children in the state.