Question: Air Services Agreement between India and Morocco was signed in which year?
- On 29 August, 2018, Union Cabinet has approved revised Air Services agreement between India and Moroccowith a view to modernize and improve seamless air connectivity.
- The existing Air Services Agreement made in December, 2004 became ineffective after adopting new revised agreement.
- The Air Services Agreement will upgrade the civil aviation relations between India and Morocco and will stimulate greater trade, investment, tourism and cultural exchanges between the two countries.
Some Key Features:
- Aviation companies of both countries can share codes for different types of services.
- This agreement permits designated airlines of either countries to establish offices in the territory of other country for the promotion and sale of air services.
- Indian designated airlines can operate any number of services to/from Casablanca, Rabat, Marrakesh, Agadir, Tangier and Fez in Morocco and similarly the designated carriers of Morocco can operate any number of services to/from New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad.
- Air Services Agreement (ASA) also has the provisions relating to suspension of Operating Authorization, Principles governing operations of agreed services, commercial opportunities, safety and security related clause etc. as stated in Indian Model ASA.