Question: Consider the following statements in reference to the Agri Vision 2019:
a) The theme of the event was Envisioning Agro Solutions for Smart and Sustainable Agriculture
b) This two day event took place in Hyderabad
c) The event was inaugurated by Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu
d) Agriculture sector contribute for 18% of GDP and almost 50% employment to total workforce
Choose the correct option:
(a) 1, 2 and 3
(b) 1, 3 and 4
(c) 2, 3 and 4
(d) All of the above
- Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated Agri Vision 2019 on 17th January, 2019 at Hyderabad. This is a two-day conference on Envisioning Agro Solutions for Smart and Sustainable Agriculture.
- t was jointly organised by Prof. Jayashankar Telangana State University, CII and Cornell University, USA.
- The two day conference had 8 sessions and 44 speakers coming from various public and private institutions, industries and also experts from USA and farmers participated in the deliberations held on various subjects.
- The sessions held on topics like Combationg Climate Change: Advances in crop breeding and Natural Resource Management (NRM), AI based Agriculture, Economics behind enhancing Farmers income, technology in Agri Entrepreneurship and many others.
- Long term solutions for the issue of farming sector which contributes majorly to the prosperity of farmers and make them financially sufficient were also discussed.
- Other critical issues such as growing challenge of declining productivity, diminishing and degrading natural resources, rapidly growing demand for food, stagnating farm incomes, fragmented land holdings etc. that poses threat were reviewed to tackle it in effective manner in future.
- It is worth to mention that Agriculture sector accounts for 18 % of India’s GDP while it provides employment to 50 % of the workforce of the country. This shows the irrational productivity of farming sector and low income generation.